Headed to Oracle Modern CX? Come Join Us for a Multilingual Customer Support Demo
March 29, 2018
We’re headed to the Oracle Modern CX conference April 10-12 in Chicago and are offering free product demos to any existing clients or prospects interested in seeing how we’re making multilingual customer support more accurate, more accessible and more customized to every company’s customer service needs.
Specifically, we’ll be showcasing the following features:
- How our smart machine translation option detects which of the numerous machine translation engines we use will be most effective for each language being translated
- How we can create an industry and customer-specific glossary of terms for any client
- How we pre-translate standard text for agents to respond to common questions asked by customers so instead of repeatedly paying for the same translations, our customers use professionally translated responses at almost no cost at all
We are also offering some cool giveaways including a pair of Bose SoundLink around-ear wireless headphones II!
- How Language I/O Saves on Support Costs with Standard Text
- How Language I/O Response and Language I/O Help Saved Customers Time and Money
- How Language I/O Can Customize Your Translation Glossary
- How Language I/O Machine Translation Surpasses Competitors
- Headed to Oracle Modern CX? Come Join Us for a Multilingual Customer Support Demo
- What is Language I/O?
- Happy International Women’s Day!
- Language I/O Data Protection Officer Gives Security Tips to Small Businesses
- Guest Blog: Language and Hospitality, a Student's Experience
- Which Multilingual Customer Service Solution Is Right for You?
- Happy American Business Women’s Day From Ours to Yours
- Multilingual Customer Support Company Hires New Marketing Manager
- Five Steps Toward Multilingual Customer Support
- Why We’re Thrilled We Don’t Have VC Funding
- Multilingual Customer Service Tech Company Welcomes New Cadre of Staff
- PRESS RELEASE: Save Money on Support Costs with New Chat Translation Software
- Language I/O Chat Completes Omnichannel Support Trifecta
- Language I/O Offers Party Bag, Not Conference Swag, at Oracle Customer Service Event
- Language I/O Welcomes Top Development Talent to the Team
- April Showers Bring Vegas, Baby!