Linux System Administrator & Information Security Officer
Join the Language I/O Team
Interested in joining a growing, dynamic, tech-based (SaaS) start-up? You’re in luck! We’re looking to hire an experienced system administrator eager to leave the siloed corporate environment and dive into a position where you can wear many hats and really make a difference in a small company. We are a very security conscious company, which our many Fortune 50 and Fortune 100 customers appreciate. We are GDPR compliant and received our ISO 27001 certification in January, 2020 and we are looking for someone with a background in security who can help us to maintain and improve our focus on security.
In a nutshell, we build technology that automates translation of informal, user-generated content (UGC) such as customer support chats, emails, slacks ... really anywhere people are trying to communicate with each other across language barriers. Today we are focused on the customer support sector with integrations in all of the major CRMs such as Salesforce, Zendesk and Oracle Service Cloud across all e-support channels. We are now focused on expanding beyond customer support into other platforms that require our technology and this position will be a strategic part of that transition.
While we are headquartered in Cheyenne, Wyoming, our customers are world-wide. If you’re the one who joins our team, you’ll be expected to travel to our offices from time-to-time. Most work can be done remotely and virtually, so you must be a self-starter and be accustomed to taking initiative to get things done without a lot of hand-holding.
- Migration of our single-production virtual to a load-balancing architecture to avoid downtimes for server releases
- Migration from our current data center to a new one
- Information Security Officer / Data Protection Officer
- Maintain our ISO 27001 certification and manage annual reviews
- CentOs and Ubuntu system administration
- OS patching and version upgrades
- Library patching and upgrades
- Mysql, Payara and other application version upgrades
- Production DB administration
- Tier 2 technical support of customers
- Server support for new customer onboarding
- Server deployments of new releases to multiple test environments & production
- Internal IT support as needed, i.e. onboarding new employees from an IT perspective
- Internal security training
Technical Background & Skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related work experience
- Oracle Linux System Administrator or related certification a nice-to-have
- At least three years experience in Linux system administration
- At least three years experience in RDMBS administration
- Expert-level SQL and RDBMS Nomal Forms/BCNF
- NoSQL DB experience a nice-to-have
- At least two years in a standard server scripting language such as perl, python, bash, etc.
- At least two years experience in a standard Linux editing tool such as VIM or EMACS
- At least two years experience in configuration and maintenance of a Java application server such as Payara/Glassfish, Tomcat, Wepsphere, etc.
- At least two years experience in deploying java .war applications within a Java web application server
- At least two years experience in infosec including pen testing, configuring and running vulnerability scans and configuring and running intrusion prevention and detection software and general firewall configuration
- At least two years experience in Linux/web application server hardening to prevent breaches via XSS, SQL Injection, (D)DOS attacks, brute force ransomware
- Formal GDPR/ISO 27001 ISMS management training
- People skills
If you're interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To take a look at one of our products, check out this demo!