Language I/O Mentors Boston University MBA Competition Winners
January 31, 2018
This past weekend, Language I/O Co-Founder Kaarina Kvaavik helped lead a team of Boston University professional evening MBA (PEMBA) students to a $2,000 victory for their analysis of a business case study.
Every year, Greg Stoller and Patricia Hambrick, both senior lecturers at the Boston University in the Questrom School of Business, work with companies to develop case studies that are designed to challenge the students’ real world application of their knowledge. The students assess the case study and then make relevant recommendations. This year, the MBAs were given a case study of a tech company that was recently acquired. They were charged with deciding which of three product lines the company should strategically focus on for the next twelve to eighteen months. In making their decision, students also had to consider the recommendations they thought could realistically be implemented within the next three to five months.
Nine teams of students looked at the company pre and post acquisition, worked with mentors like Kvaavik to develop their analysis and present their decision to the company at the end of two days.
“The client was very impressed at the level of understanding the students had after only two days of assessing the business,” Stoller said. “Kaarina’s team won. I can say that Kaarina’s knowledge of technology and teamwork really helped her group do something they might not have otherwise been able to do.”
The winning team received a $2,000 award and the second place winner received $500.
“I love working with students,” Kvaavik said. “I was fortunate to have numerous outstanding mentors who helped me immensely on my own path to entrepreneurship. I’m grateful that any advice I can offer or time I can provide might do the same for someone else.”
- How Language I/O Saves on Support Costs with Standard Text
- How Language I/O Response and Language I/O Help Saved Customers Time and Money
- How Language I/O Can Customize Your Translation Glossary
- How Language I/O Machine Translation Surpasses Competitors
- Headed to Oracle Modern CX? Come Join Us for a Multilingual Customer Support Demo
- What is Language I/O?
- Happy International Women’s Day!
- Language I/O Data Protection Officer Gives Security Tips to Small Businesses
- Guest Blog: Language and Hospitality, a Student's Experience
- Which Multilingual Customer Service Solution Is Right for You?
- Happy American Business Women’s Day From Ours to Yours
- Multilingual Customer Support Company Hires New Marketing Manager
- Five Steps Toward Multilingual Customer Support
- Why We’re Thrilled We Don’t Have VC Funding
- Multilingual Customer Service Tech Company Welcomes New Cadre of Staff
- PRESS RELEASE: Save Money on Support Costs with New Chat Translation Software
- Language I/O Chat Completes Omnichannel Support Trifecta
- Language I/O Offers Party Bag, Not Conference Swag, at Oracle Customer Service Event
- Language I/O Welcomes Top Development Talent to the Team
- April Showers Bring Vegas, Baby!