Language I/O is actively seeking a Controller, ideally with the following experience:
- Maintenance of the company’s general ledger and preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Working with department heads to help them effectively budget expenses, forecast revenues and track progress against budgets throughout the year
- Financial analysis with the goal of maximizing profits of the company
- Ensuring the security of company assets via strong internal controls
- Ensuring financial and tax compliance within the current regulatory environment
Language I/O (LIO) delivers market-leading, multilingual customer support technology to global brands that enable in-house support teams to email, chat and otherwise provide text-based support in any language, inside of any major Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software environment.
Language I/O is focused on ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting. Establishing and tracking the financial metrics that provide valuable insights into the health of the business will also be the primary responsibility of the Controller.
Role & Responsibilities
- This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepare financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts, and statements to understand the financial state of business
- Conduct monthly close process, reconcile all sub-ledgers to the general ledger
- Monitor a company’s financial reports and determine ways to reduce costs
- Understand the financials of a company in order to meet legal requirements and keep the financial state in good standing
- Conduct annual sales forecast and budgeting processes with feedback from department heads
- Manage and maximize cash flow of the company to include invoice and expense timing and treasury management of cash balances
- Maintaining strong relationships with an outside CPA firm
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science, Accounting degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar professional services environment
- Experience with SaaS business model accounting
- Experience with cloud-based Accounting system software
- Implementation of a new accounting system experience desired
- Certified Public Accountant certification preferred
Preference will be given to candidates in the US Mountain Time Zone.
If you fit this description and are interested in applying, reach out to email@example.com.