Language I/O is looking for an individual with a strong understanding and passion for building quality SaaS software in a JEE environment. This role will involve both working as an independently contributing software developer as well as mentoring more junior software developers. The role will be responsible for optimizing our existing JEE architecture, guiding the architectural process moving forward and direct development on our server code base. We are a small company, so while the title is architect, coding will also play an important role in this position.
Language I/O delivers market-leading, multilingual customer support technology that enables mono-lingual support teams to email, chat and otherwise provide text-based support in any language, right inside of any major CRM.
This is a superb opportunity to work in a dynamic, virtual team environment, and to participate in the development of an exciting machine learning / natural language processing solution. If you fit the bill, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Work collaboratively with product, marketing and our software development team in understanding the requirements and assist them in delivering the solution.
- Understand the big picture and the various use cases involved while crafting the solution and document them in Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Identify the appropriate software architecture for both server-side and client-side solution to achieve the proposed requirement.
- Develop detailed software design specifications.
- Own and maintain the architecture documents.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Maintain architectural standards that ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Mitigate risks and problem identified in providing the solution.
- Build security into all software.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open source projects that can be used.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or relevant fields.
- At least 5+ years experience in with end-end architecture in SaaS industry.
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in building Web Applications, Enterprise Applications, Web Services, and Management at scale is a requirement. Strong knowledge of datastores (SQL, NoSQL), and ability to make choices among available technology based on requirements.
- Experience with Architectural patterns for High Availability, Performance, Scale Out architecture, Disaster Recovery, Security Architecture Knowledge of cloud-based architectures, deployment and operational aspects of Amazon Web Services cloud is a plus.
- At least 7 years experiencing building enterprise Java software implementing SPRING or similar frameworks.
- Strong understanding and experiencing in object orientation and design patterns for java.
- Exposure to industry standards like REST, BPEL, Java EE, OSGi.
- Ability to guide the team in all tiers of enterprise applications including front-end technologies like angular, ember.
- Be data driven, identify and demonstrate the right tools at every stage of software development to ensure code and architectural qualities are not compromised.
- Ability to prioritize and handle work to critical project timelines in a dynamic environment and develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- At least three years with modeling and diagraming tools such as lucid charts.