Language I/O is looking for someone who is an expert in UI design, UX design and front-end development to join our growing company. You will be a natural at understanding human-computer interaction design (HCID), in coming up with elegant solutions to improve our application, and in developing mockups for our Agile product teams as well as updating our WordPress website.
- Conduct research and deconstruct our users’ digital interactions and habits
- Come up with UI and UX strategies based on our target goals
- Create and maintain digital assets, such as design files, wireframes and interactive mockups using tools such as Invision, Photoshop, etc.
- Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary
- Work with the marketing team on UX design for rebrands and website functionality
- 3+ years’ experience as a front-end developer
- 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer
- 2+ years’ experience building websites in WordPress
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass) and CSS preprocessor tools
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc
- A history of deconstructing user behavior to create an improved experience for users, showcased in the form of blog posts, articles, screencasts, etc.