From One Startup To Another, Here’s How We Can Cut Translation Costs
三月 29, 2017
Startups, we know floating along on a shoestring budget means getting creative. One minute you’re developing a social media marketing piece, the next you’re playing barista for a client. We’ve been there and in some ways, we still are there.
One of the many things that we’ve learned along the shoestring trail is that skimping on customer service doesn’t work. You can shoestring customer service, but you can’t skimp on it. After all, according to the Harvard Business Review (HBR), “acquiring a new customer is anywhere from five to 25 times more expensive than retaining an existing one.”
So here’s how we can help you save on customer service costs.
1. We Help Customers Help Themselves
One of the easiest ways to help customers is to let them help themselves. When your customers visit your website, do they get a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) that answer their top five questions? If not, step one for providing quick, effective customer service is creating a great FAQ.
Once you get that FAQ rolling, consider language. If you’re customers speak any language other than English, consider a one-time article translation in the top languages spoken by your customers. This may sound crazy, but the minimal effort you put into these automated translations will pay off in spades. When customers answer their own questions, they are less likely to pick up the phone or hit the chat button.
2. We Can Multiply Your Call Center
We know. You’re thinking, “What call center?”
Of course you don’t have a call center. You’ve got Jeff, Sarah, and Joe who do a little IT support, a little call center work, and a little marketing when needed. The thing is, none of them speak more than one language.
Because our suite of translation products works within two existing* customer relationship management (CRMs), all you have to do to add a Spanish or “Russian speaking” customer service agent to your team is hit our “translate button.” Then voila, within moments you can respond to your customers’ email queries in the language they speak.
*Our CMS integration works with both Salesforce and Oracle. If you do too, get the plugins for both here.
3. We’ve Nailed the Live Chat Thing
November 2016 was huge for us. It marked the launch of our chat product, which made us the provider of the industry’s most comprehensive multilingual customer service product suite.
This is great for our customers because it allows them to communicate with their clients in real-time. Dealing with customers in real-time is cost effective and it makes them happy.
If you’re interested in seeing how we might specifically save your company costs, contact us here.
- How Language I/O Saves on Support Costs with Standard Text
- How Language I/O Response and Language I/O Help Saved Customers Time and Money
- How Language I/O Can Customize Your Translation Glossary
- How Language I/O Machine Translation Surpasses Competitors
- Headed to Oracle Modern CX? Come Join Us for a Multilingual Customer Support Demo
- What is Language I/O?
- Happy International Women’s Day!
- Language I/O Data Protection Officer Gives Security Tips to Small Businesses
- Guest Blog: Language and Hospitality, a Student's Experience
- Which Multilingual Customer Service Solution Is Right for You?
- Happy American Business Women’s Day From Ours to Yours
- Multilingual Customer Support Company Hires New Marketing Manager
- Five Steps Toward Multilingual Customer Support
- Why We’re Thrilled We Don’t Have VC Funding
- Multilingual Customer Service Tech Company Welcomes New Cadre of Staff
- PRESS RELEASE: Save Money on Support Costs with New Chat Translation Software
- Language I/O Chat Completes Omnichannel Support Trifecta
- Language I/O Offers Party Bag, Not Conference Swag, at Oracle Customer Service Event
- Language I/O Welcomes Top Development Talent to the Team
- April Showers Bring Vegas, Baby!